I’m calling this one an Australian recipe because I made it up and I’m Australian, but it could just as easily be American. Turkey is a great meat to use, being leaner than most red meats but tastier than chicken. Sage is a classic pairing and because my son is going through a fussy stage with vegetables I finely grate a carrot into the mix, which adds a pleasant sweetness.
Turkey Burger Recipe
- 500g / 1lb turkey mince
- 1 medium carrot, grated fine
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 4 leaves sage, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp plain white flour
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Take a small handful of mixture at a time, roll into a bowl, and flatten into a patty. Use a burger shaper if you have one, but not essential. You will get 10-12 patties at normal burger size.
- Fry in an oiled saucepan over medium low heat for 5-7 minutes each side until well browned and cooked through.
- Serve in a hamburger bun with your choice of fillings – I like fried onion, cheese, fried egg, salad, sauce and mayo as a basic hamburger.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4